Our outdoor camping facilities are on a 1.5-acre field. The camping field is on a level and can accommodate many tents. It can easily accommodate 300 campers. The site has 4 water points with running water concrete stands with drains spread.
Carpark adjacent to the campsite which can house up to 20 cars. Further parking is available across the river bridge at the GAA grounds.
There is a purpose-built campfire circle which can seat up to 50+ around the fire. This is the only area on the site where an open ground fire is allowed.
- Crate Stacking: The crate stacking area is purpose built but can only be used by arrangement and at an extra cost. This is due to the fact that we have to arrange to have fully trained instructors to be on site for this activity to take place.
- Tree Climbing: The tree climbing area is purpose built but can only be used by arrangement only and at an extra cost. This is due to the fact that we have to arrange to have fully trained instructors on site for this activity to take place.
- Orienteering: There is an orienteering map and equipment available and this can be booked at an extra cost.
- Pioneering timber: The campsite lends itself well to pioneering and we have a selection of pioneering timber available that can be used free of charge on site. We only ask that when you are finished you return it to the storage area.
- Night and Day hikes: The campsite lends itself really well to day hikes and Night hikes as it is set in Dun a Ri forest park with its many trails, rivers and lakes. It is safe to do night hikes in the area as it is not required to walk on public roads.
- Bivvies’: The campsite lends itself completely to setting up bivvies’ in the forest area and sleeping under the stars. It is a safe area with lots of areas to set up camp.
- Backwoods: Again, the site really lends itself to taking part in back woods activities whether it’s down alongside the stream or in the heart of the forest.
All in all, the campsite is a scouting paradise where everything is possible and is only limited by your imagination!