Hi all and welcome to our new website,
So here we are back to another scouting year but with a lot of changes due the very different times we live in. Covid-19 has created a very different environment for us all and with that certain challenges that need to be addressed and over come. Our main priority here in Carrickmacross Scout Group is the safety of all the children in our care and also to our hard working and dedicated leader team.
There are big changes to the structure of our meetings. We are holding all meetings outdoors for the foreseeable future and we would ask that you check the weather forecast beforehand and dress your child appropriately. The meetings will either be held around the town and Scout hall or at the campsite in Dun Na Rí. We will give plenty of notice on venue.
We have appointed Lisa Gollogly as our Covid Officer and she has put together our Covid plan:
We have installed hand sanitising stations throughout the hall and campsite. The hall and campsite has had an intense clean in preparation for our return.
We ask that you download the Return to Scouts Health Questionnaire and fill it in to confirm that your child has not been out of the country, tested positive recently or in contact with anyone that has Covid. We will only ask that this form is filled out once but request that if at any stage throughout the year anything changes that you let us know and do not send your child to meetings or activities. The same applies if your child shows any symptoms before meetings or activities.
New Registration Process
We have made a few changes to the registration process. For everyone’s safety and to interact as little as possible during the registration process we have set up a new system to collect registration and to communicate with you, the parents.
- We have recently asked everyone to install the Komeer app on their phones, if you haven’t done so yet you can do it by downloading the app from the Google Play store or Apple App Store.
- Then download the Activities Consent Form. There are two pages and when completed place them in an envelope clearly marked with your child’s name and section. Please have your child give this to their leader on the first night.
- There is also a Managing Medications Form if your child has any medication that the leaders may need to administer during an activity please fill in this form also and place it in the same envelope.
- We are fully GDPR compliant and all information is stored safely and is keep strictly confidential.
Member Fees (pay via Komeer)
This year’s fees remain the same as last year at €170 payable in 3 installments. The first installment of €70 is due before 20th September to secure your child’s place with us before we start back.
For those of you that paid the 3rd installment last year we are giving a €50 discount for this year, so they only pay €20 for the first installment. We will text those of you that are eligible for that reduction.
The remaining installments are due by the end of November 2020 and end of January 2021, we will send reminder texts closer to the time.
We still run an open house and we ask if you have any concerns regarding your child within sections that you contact their section leader by phone. All section leaders phone numbers will be available on this site once the scouting year starts up. The Groups annual booklet can be viewed here.
So, to recap:
- Starting back: week of 21st September
- Monday Beavers & Cubs: Sept 21st 7:00 to 8:30
- Tuesday Beavers & Cubs: Sept 22nd 7:00 to 8:30
- Scouts: Thursday 24th 8:00 to 9:30
- Ventures: Friday 25th 8:00 to 9:30
- First installment due by 20th September
- Download the Komeer app, if not already done
- Member fees paid through Komeer.
- Return these forms to section leader at first meeting:
Should you have any concerns regarding meetings, your child’s safety during these times or any other enquiry please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s section leader or myself Frank on 087 6687246.
All that’s left to say is here’s to another fun filled year of learning, fun and activities with the emphasis on FUN!